Ne500 pump issue

Hi Chris,
sorry for late reply, I was out on vacation.
I’ve just come back and I’m already trying the new plugin.
Thanks a lot, talk to you soon for a detailed feedback.
Have a nice day
Rosilari

Hi Christopher,

One question: is there any chance the updated NE500 plug-in could work
on MW version 0.5.1?
I wonder if it’s possible not to install the nightly-build on my setups.

Thanks in advance
Rosilari

Hi Rosilari,

One question: is there any chance the updated NE500 plug-in could work on MW version 0.5.1?

You won’t be able to drop the compiled plugin from the nightly in to a 0.5.1 installation. If you’re willing and able to recompile the plugin from source, then you could probably get it to build with a few tweaks. (I think the main one is that you’ll need to change the “C++ Language Dialect” build setting to C++11.)

Chris

Hi Chris,

sorry, wouldn’t be possible for you to compile a stand-alone version of your revised plugin that works with the current release of MW 0.5.1?

Thanks
davide

Hi Davide,

sorry, wouldn’t be possible for you to compile a stand-alone version of your revised plugin that works with the current release of MW 0.5.1?

Sorry, but I don’t provide one-off patches for existing MWorks releases.

The general rule, as agreed upon by the group of labs that provide financial support for MWorks (i.e. pay my salary), is that if you want new features or bug fixes, you need to upgrade to a new version. This policy exists to prevent me from having to support an ever-growing list of MWorks forks for different labs and/or user groups.

If you need help getting the NE500 code to compile against 0.5.1, then I’m happy to provide assistance (just as I’ve helped you update your lab’s custom plugins for new MWorks releases). But back-porting my NE500 fixes to 0.5.1 amounts to creating a custom MWorks fork for your lab, so the responsibility for making it work is ultimately yours.

Chris

Hi Chris,

thank you for your clarification. I guess there is a misunderstanding though. I never meant for you to build a fork for our lab. I though that the plugins are stand-alone applications, so that they can simply have their own independent repository and I assumed we could make a repository for the NE500 plugin you have fixed. Would that make sense? In that case, could you build such a repository for us and share it with us? (i.e., Rosilari mainly and myself: I am zoccolan@sissa.it on Github). Then, we would much appreciate if you could guide Rosilari to compile it against 0.5.1, as you are offering.

Thank you for your help
ciao
davide

Hi Davide,

I though that the plugins are stand-alone applications, so that they can simply have their own independent repository and I assumed we could make a repository for the NE500 plugin you have fixed. Would that make sense? In that case, could you build such a repository for us and share it with us?

The NE500 code is in the main MWorks repository, which you or Rosilari can fork to create a repo for your changes.

Note that you don’t need to rebuild all of MWorks from scratch. You can just build the NE500 plugin against your 0.5.1 installation.

Cheers,
Chris