Gray Background

Hi Chris,
Kindly help me through this.
As you know, there is a gray background appearing on the screen before Mwork experiment is started and after the experiment is stoped. I wonder how I can change this background to black.

Bests,
S

Hi Sina,

At present, there’s no way to change the background color when the experiment isn’t running. (The current value of 50% gray is hard-coded in the MWorks source.) It probably should be a setting in setup_variables.xml. I’ll open a ticket for that change.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Sina,

It’s now possible to change the default background color in an MWorks experiment. To do so, just add an I/O device of type stimulus_display to your experiment, and set its background_color parameter to the color you want (using the same syntax as the color parameter of a blank_screen stimulus).

MWEditor now includes a stimulus display device in new experiments. You can add one to an existing experiment by selecting “Stimulus Display” from the “Input/Output” section in the library window. Alternatively, if you edit your experiment file by hand, you can add the following XML to the io_devices section (replacing 0,0,0 with the color you want):

<iodevice type="stimulus_display" tag="Stimulus Display" background_color="0, 0, 0"/>

If an experiment does not include a stimulus display device, then the old default background color (50% gray) is used.

This change will be in tonight’s nightly build and the upcoming 0.5 release. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers,
Chris