How to import Eye Calibration Variables in 0.9

Hi Chris,

I tried calibrating today, and we start by loading previous eye calibration variables as starting points, however in the new version of Mworks (0.9) the section is changed and I can only creat a new variable set, or load existing from server-side. There used to be an option in the Server side that said ‘actions’ and under it ‘load variables’, but I can’t seem to find the correlate in the new version? Can you instruct how I can import these values into Mworks .9?

It looks like I’m starting with monkeyml version 1.1:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<variable_assignments><variable_assignment variable=“#privateCalibratoreyeCalibrator”><dictionary_element>params_V<list_data><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element></list_data></dictionary_element><dictionary_element>params_H<list_data><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element><list_element></list_element></list_data></dictionary_element></variable_assignment></variable_assignments>

Hi Travis,

There used to be an option in the Server side that said ‘actions’

You mean the “Actions” menu in the MWServer application? That has been gone since MWorks 0.7.

To make your saved-variables file accessible via MWClient’s variable-set loading menu, you’ll need to move it to the appropriate per-experiment directory on the machine running MWServer. Each experiment gets its own directory in $HOME/Documents/MWorks/Experiment Storage. For example, if I’ve loaded the experiment file /Users/cstawarz/exp.mwel, and I create a variable set called “my_vars”, it will be stored in the file

/Users/cstawarz/Documents/MWorks/Experiment Storage/_Users_cstawarz_exp.mwel/Saved Variables/my_vars.xml

To get your existing variables XML file in the right place:

1. Load your experiment.
  2. Use MWClient to create a new variable set. (This is just to ensure that the appropriate directory exists. You can remove this variable set when you’re done.)
  3. Move the existing file in to $HOME/Documents/MWorks/Experiment Storage/[your experiment]/Saved Variables.

Once this is done, you should be able to load the existing variable set via MWClient.

Cheers,
Chris

Chris,

Thanks! I got it to import the values!

• Next problem is that I can’t see the monkey’s eye trace in the eye .
    Nicole mentioned that sometimes it didn’t default to a certain color, so I
    may have to imput this for the saccade movement. I see in the Options panel
    in the Eye Window that there is X, Y Saccade, should there be values there,
    or just selected colors? Each has their own color right now, X is black,
    saccade is blue. Long story short - are there further setup values for
    Mwork’s Eye Window to display the monkey eye right out of the gate?

T

Hi Travis,

I see in the Options panel in the Eye Window that there is X, Y Saccade, should there be values there, or just selected colors?

You need to set those three fields to the names of the variables in which the eye coordinates and saccade state are stored. For example, in the RSVP demo experiment (/Library/Application Support/MWorks/Examples/RSVPDemo/RSVPDemo.mwel), those variables are eye_h, eye_v, and saccade.

The colors are just there as a key to the various traces. Eventually, I’d like to make them configurable, but currently they’re fixed.

Cheers,
Chris