MWorks 0.9 will not download

Hey there,

I went to download MWorks 0.9 on a new Mac Mini (version 10.15.5) but it wouldn’t let me download the software because it said it couldn’t check it for malicious software since it was out of date (please see attached image). I then decided to download version .10 but realized MWEditor was removed (which I need). Do you have any plans on updating 0.9 so it can download on the Mac?

Best,
Marcelina

Attachment: Screen_Shot_2020-09-30_at_3.11.40_PM.png (57 KB)

Hi Marcelina,

I went to download MWorks 0.9 on a new Mac Mini (version 10.15.5) but it wouldn’t let me download the software because it said it couldn’t check it for malicious software since it was out of date

Yes, MWorks releases prior to 0.10 aren’t notarized, so macOS 10.15 will display that warning when you try to install them. However, it is still possible to run the installer. To do so, control-click the MWorks.pkg icon, choose Open from the menu that pops up, and then click Open in the dialog box. (Apple has a bit more info on this process.)

I then decided to download version .10 but realized MWEditor was removed (which I need).

Yes, the editor is gone in 0.10. XML experiments are still fully supported, but you’ll need to either edit them manually (in any text editor) or, preferably, perform a one-time, automatic conversion to MWEL.

Cheers,
Chris