Mworks Eye tracker

Hi Chris,

My name is Ani, I’m one of the techs in the DiCarlo lab. I was wondering if you could answer a question for me about the eye tracking in MWorks. In the eye window, we can see the green target fixation point and when the monkey fixates correctly we can see a red cross appear, but there is no constant tracking (normally looks like a black line darting around the screen). On our other rigs, in the eye tracking window, under options there is the code eye_v, eye_h, and eye_in_window, and we thought that this might fix it, but it doesn’t seem to have made any difference. Could you advise on how we might go about regaining the eye tracker?

Thank you,
Ani

Hi Ani,

You need to set the Eye Window Options to match the variables you use for eye tracking in the experiment. “eye_h” and “eye_v” are probably correct for the “X” and “Y” settings. However, “Saccade” should be set to the name of the variable used as the eye_state parameter of the experiment’s eye monitor. This may just be “saccade”, but it probably is not “eye_in_window”, which is most likely used by a fixation point.

Also, be sure that the setting labeled “seconds” (lower left of the main eye window) is set to something greater than zero. This setting controls how many seconds of eye position data are used when drawing the eye trace. If it’s zero, there will be no eye trace, even if you have all the variables set correctly.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for getting back to me, this has worked!

Best,
Ani