Happy thanksgiving. Just emailing now so I don’t forget some details.
The task runs for a while (today several hours) without error and then gives a disconnection error (see below). I would send you the mwk2 but it’s with the camera so it’s about 30gb. Is there some other log file I could send more easily?
Since the switch to the M2 mac studio I have encountered this new mworks issue with the daq card. It happens stochastically and so far only when the animal is doing the task. First time was last week, then it didn’t happen for several days and now it happened two days in a row.
When I restart the task the error is gone (at least for a while).
Currently running the third attempt to recreate with the same task in ‘perfect fixation’ mode and the issue doesn’t happen.
This looks a bit like I pulled the cable out but I didn’t. Also when the task is running normally, wriggling the cable on either end doesn’t do anything.
The same issue wasn’t present with the identical Arduino in the old system. I did install the Arduino software, drivers as in previous setup, and the firmata installation following your description. (Setting up an Arduino or compatible microcontroller as a Firmata device)
I also did a reinstall of this firmata thing yet again. It blinks as expected, upload says it worked etc.