MWork Question

Hi Chris

My name is Elia, working on an Optogenetic project with Arash Afraz. I have an MWork question that I couldn’t find an answer for it in the manual

In my project, we are going to show a set of images to the monkey and stimulate his brain in between, the whole image appearance is 1 second. but during this 1 sec, we are going to change the image (to a distorted image) and also will stimulate the brain.

My question is, can I save my image sequences as a GIF image (total length = 1 sec) and each time just shows the GIF and meanwhile 400 ms after the GIF appearance stimulate the brain for 200 ms?
can I do both in parallel with MWork? and in case of breaking the fixation can I terminate GIF show?

Best

Elia (Ali) Shahbazi, Ph.D.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Hi Elia,

MWorks doesn’t support animated GIF’s. You can display a sequence of still images with a movie stimulus, or you can play a video file with a video stimulus. With either stimulus type, you can start/stop brain stimulation while the images are being displayed, and you can end the image sequence early if needed.

Cheers,
Chris