mWorks server crash after loading NIDAQ card

Hi,

not sure what happened. When loading the the National instruments card, it first tries to do so, then writes it was successful, but then the mWorks server is closing unexpectedly, while the client gets into a continuous loading loop. Find attached a short video to illustrate the issue.

Hi Marcus,

National Instruments ended support several years ago for the driver package used by MWorks (NI-DAQmx Base). According to their announcement, the last release of NI-DAQmx Base (version 15.0) is not compatible with macOS Catalina (10.15) and later. Because of this, the last MWorks release to support NI devices was version 0.11.

If you’re trying to use your NI card on a post-10.14 release of macOS, then I suspect you’re seeing the known compatibility issues. On the other hand, if you’re running MWorks 0.11 or earlier on macOS 10.14 or earlier, then I’m not sure what to suggest. Maybe try rebooting the Mac?

Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

Cheers,
Chris

Hi Chris, thanks for your reply. Yes I read the thread and downgraded to Mac Mojave and a suitable mWorks distribution. This works on our IMAC system. The issue is also not related to the NI card cable or the card itself. If I detach the cable, I get a standard error message telling me that it does not find the iodevice. If I have it connected it continues to load the file but the mWorks server suddenly crashes. Any idea what typically causes the server to crash? Have you observed that before?

Thanks,
Marcus

Hi Chris,

not exactly sure what happened, but after changing the server and clint network info from “localhost” to “127.0.0.1”, as in the working setup, the NI card is now working. Thanks foryour help and best,

Marcus

Hi Marcus,

I’m glad you were able to find a solution. I have no idea why “localhost” vs “127.0.0.1” would have any effect on the problem.

Cheers,
Chris