Parameterized Shape for MWork

Hi Chris,

I have two questions for MWork.

(1) specific parameterized shape
I have been trying to create a fan shape that can be parameterized (orientation, size, angle, etc) from MWork. Basically, I would like to make the task look like something in the attached pdf file. I know we can import an existing object image and control the size and orientation. However, this is not as easy to control compared to the existing rectangle and ellipse shape in MWork. Is there a way to do this?

(2) creating hole in occluder
I am also thinking to build a rectangle occluder with a hole, so that when a ball passes under, it can show up through the hole and then get occluded afterwards again – something like attached pdf file. However, I am not sure if it is possible to have this in MWorks.

Thanks,
Chia-Jung

Hi Chris,

Sorry I forgot to attache pdf figures in my previous email.

Hi Chia-Jung,

In both cases, I think image files are your only option at present. For the occluder, the hole would need to be a transparent region (with zero in the alpha channel), so that whatever is behind it will show through.

If image files aren’t flexible enough, we could create a custom stimulus plugin that does what you want. This would take more time (both to develop initially and to make iterative changes as your experiment evolves), but it would give you maximum freedom to make the stimulus behave as you desire. If you’re interested in pursuing this path, I’d be happy to discuss it further.

Cheers,
Chris