MW Source

Hi Chris,

I am trying to extend the Fixation Point Stimulus to take a third “watch” variable (the z eye position) and to apply some other changes for 3D stimulus presentation.

Right now I am confused since I can’t find the Fixation Point Stimulus code anywhere. Is it online? I do find the Point Stimulus that is presumably used for drawing the stimulus, but that’s only half of what the Fixation Point is doing…

I would appreciate if you could point me to the sources for the build-in stimuli, especially to the editor definitions.

Thank you,
Philipp

Hi Philipp,

Yeah, that code isn’t easy to find.

The FixationPoint class is part of the MWorksCore project. It’s declared in Core/Transforms/EyeCalibrators.h and implemented in EyeCalibrators.cpp. You’ll notice that it derives from three base classes, which makes it challenging to figure out where all the pieces of its functionality are implemented. One Xcode feature that I find helpful in such cases is to highlight the name of a class in the source, then right-click on it and select “Jump to Definition” from the context menu that pops up.

The editor definition is in the MWEditor project in the file MWLibrary.xml.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Chris