MWorks question

Hi Chris,

I’m still relatively new to MWorks and I was wondering if you’d be able to help me. I have a task where there are four possible targets. In one condition, only two targets plus a fixation point are used. In the second condition, all four plus the fixation are used. So far, I’m having problems with the two target condition. When the eye crosses the origin, the trigger flags for the third and fourth targets (not queued) get flipped. The x and y coordinates for these targets are set to 0, because I’m not using them. Commenting out all mentions of queueing them didn’t fix the problem, but when I commented out the stimuli themselves, I no longer had this problem.

This is on a 2012 Mac Pro running High Sierra and the nightly build of MWorks.

I’ve attached the code. If you see any other issues I’ve coded, please let me know so I can learn!

Thanks,
Vinci

Hi Vinci,

The variable given in trigger_flag is updated irrespective of whether the fixation point is queued. If you want to ignore triggers from the third and fourth targets when they aren’t on screen, you’ll need to do so explicitly (e.g. by checking nTargets before executing the actions attached to on_targ3 and on_targ4).

Cheers,
Chris

Perfect, thanks!